What Do the Friends Do?
- By supporting the Library and its programs, Friends fill a vital need in our community. They help bring special events and exhibits, book sales, music programs and a variety of educational and recreational programs to the library.
- Friends are volunteers and supporters who are asked to do only as much as they feel comfortable doing.
- Friends work with the Library Director to achieve mutual goals. They serve in a variety of capacities as fund-raisers, tour guides, decorators, hosts and hostesses, and program sponsors. In addition, Friends can represent a library lover’s point of view to legislators.
Friends of the London Public Library meet the 4th Monday of every other month from 6-7 pm at the library.
Friends Membership Options
We appreciate your interest in becoming a Friend. 100% of your membership goes toward bringing more services and materials to our library.
Friends’ Board Members
- Debbie Cochran – President
- Marshall Geib – Vice President
- Martina Walters – Treasurer
- Babs Amling – Secretary
- Lori Campbell
- Pam Conley
- Tiffany Flax
- Paula Herald
- Stephanie Mack
The Friends hold regular Book Sales between May and October in the Book Nook located behind the library. Items for sale include books, audio books, DVDs, and music CDs. Please visit our Events Page for dates of upcoming Book Sales.